- Juniors & College Home
- APTA Jr Nationals
- Beacon Hill
- Fox Meadow
- Indian Trail
- Jersey Shore
- Lake Bluff
- Long Island
- New Jersey
- Patterson 18s
- Hackensack Golf Club Junior Ranking Open
Men's Doubles Rankings & Seedings
Final 2014 Ranking and Previous Years (Places, Points, & Weightings listed below)
APTA Men’s National Ranking Committee
Ray Crosta, Chairman
October 11, 2013
This year we are adding another weighting level of 3.75, and the total seeding points will be 1845 for the top 24 entered. Please look through the tables below.
Men’s National Ranking Rules and Guidelines:
- Men’s Doubles National Rankings will be published online after Chicago, Hinsdale, Cincinnati, Short Hills and Nationals
- To receive an official end of the year ranking, a team must play 3 events together with one of those events outside of their home region. Nationals is considered an out of region event no matter its location and is the only NRT with this designation.
- NRT points for a specific tournament exist for 12 months and are replaced by the following year’s event.
- Removal or any earned NRT points due to rules infractions or punishment for player behavior will be enforced as instructed by the APTA Players Committee.
- Seeding and instructions for the pull of the draw for all NRT events will be done by the Ranking Committee and the local tournament director.
- Seeding and Placement of Seeds (Listed and Non-listed) will follow the guidelines as follows:
- In all cases, a 3 NRT event average will be used for determining the order of the seeds and placements.
- In cases where a team does not have a 3 NRT average, 75% of the two individual’s next best results will be averaged and used to make up the necessary number of events to get to the 3 NRT average. This can be for 1, 2 or 3 NRT events if necessary. If an individual does not have 3 NRT results, those events missing will be counted as zero for the calculation. If a team has played 3 tourneys together, that average will be used even if the their average would be higher using the 75% rule with other partners.
- The number of Listed and Non-listed Seeds will be determined by the number or participants and format of the event.
- Tournaments with 9-16 entered teams will have 2 listed seeds and up to 4 non-listed seeds; 17-32 entered teams will have 4 listed seeds and up to 8 non-listed seeds; 33-64 entered teams will have 8 listed seeds and up to 16 non-listed seeds; 65-95 entered teams will have 16 listed seeds and up to 16 non-listed seeds; 96-128 entered teams will have 16 listed seeds and up to 24 non-listed seeds.
- Events that host "B" tournaments on the same weekend will receive additional Listed and Non-listed Seeding teams; this will be at the discretion of the Ranking Committee and the local Tournament Director.
- Ranking points earned in a NRT event will follow the published National Ranking point schedule multiplied by the tournament weighting designated by the Ranking Committee after the event is completed.
- Tournament Ratings are calculated by adding up the total seeding points of the top 24 teams prior to each event. This will take into consideration the 75% rule if teams dont have the required 3 NRT results. The total number of points will then be compared to the APTA Weighting Schedule below to get the rating. Nationals will be 4.0, but the committee reserves the right to increase that rating if needed.
Places & Points
Tournament Weighting Schedule for 2012-2013 season
(3-26-2012 – John Noble, ranking committee)