- Juniors & College Home
- APTA Jr Nationals
- Beacon Hill
- Fox Meadow
- Indian Trail
- Jersey Shore
- Lake Bluff
- Long Island
- New Jersey
- Patterson 18s
- Hackensack Golf Club Junior Ranking Open
President's Cup - Rules for Region I
Region I Men’s President’s Cup Rules & Qualification Guidelines
To qualify for play in the Presidents Cup competition during the APTA Nationals event, the following set of qualifications must be followed:
All players must be current members of the APTA to be eligible for Region I PCQ points prior to the event being played. All APTA rules and requirements pertaining to President Cup competition will apply.
Any player from Region I can get points in PCQ tournaments regardless of partner.
Each player shall compete in at least three (3) Region I PCQ tournaments to be eligible.
The top eight (8) eligible players in three (3) Region I PCQ events plus bonus points will be automatically placed on the President Cup Team.
The final five (5) players will be a Captain’s Choice selection regardless of how many players have met the eligibility requirements. Two (2) of those players will be designated as substitute players and be used based on current President’s Cup guidelines.
If there are not eight (8) eligible players, then the Captain will choose as many players from the Region needed to complete the thirteen (13) player roster regardless of points.
The President Cup Captain will be responsible for team order. Points accumulated will not necessarily determine order.
- 25 Winner
- 21 Finalist
- 18 Semi-finalist
- 15.5 Quarter Reprieve Winner
- 14 Quarter Reprieve Finalist
- 12.5 Quarter Finalist
- 12 16 Reprieve Winner
- 11 16 Reprieve Finalist
- 10 11-12th Place
- 9 13-16th Place
- 2 Attendance Bonus
- Teams must play a minimum of two tournaments to qualify for President’s Cup play:
- Teams must play at least one PCQ in Region 1
- Teams must play at least one NRT/PCQ in Region 1: Lake Invitational, Long Island Invitational, and/or Short Hills Invitational.
- If a team from outside Region 1 plays in a Region 1 PCQ and/or NRT tournaments, they are not awarded any points.
- If a player from Region 1 plays with a partner from another region, the Region 1 player will be awarded 85% of the total team points.
- Players from Region 1 who are ranked nationally within the top 24 are not eligible for President’s Cup play.
- The best PCQ finish and the best NRT finish will be combined to determine a team’s and/or individual’s final total point total.
- 1st Place: 25 points
- 2nd Place: 21 points
- 3rd/4th Place: 18 points
- 5th Place: 15.5 points
- 6th Place: 14 points
- 7th/8th Place: 12.5 points
- 9th Place: 12 points
- 10th Place: 11 points
- 11th/12th Place: 10 points
- 13th - 16th Place: 9 points
- Attendance Bonus: 2 points
Assembling the Team:
- There are six teams/positions and one sub for a total of 13 players.
- Playing in Region 1 PCQ tournaments award points to the team as well as to the individual player.
- The top two qualifying teams will automatically earn a spot on the team.
- In the event that any of the top 2 teams choose not to play, the next highest ranked team qualifies.
- Position 3 and 4 will be either a qualifying pair or two of the highest ranked individuals who have not qualified with a partner.
- Positions 5 and 6 are Captain's picks (a Captain’s pick is not limited by anything other than an individual ranking within the top 24 nationally)
- The 13th player, or sub, is a Captain's pick (a Captain’s pick is not limited by anything other than an individual ranking within the top 24 nationally)
- Failing the availability of an eligible team, the position then becomes a Captain's pick (factors to include are points & number of tournaments played in Region 1.)
The captainship will rotate every five years between NY and NJ, with the fifth year being a transitional year in which the outgoing captain will co-captain with the incoming captain. The captain is chosen by the Region 1 President.
- 2018-2019 Captain: Tina Wein