- Juniors & College Home
- APTA Jr Nationals
- Beacon Hill
- Fox Meadow
- Indian Trail
- Jersey Shore
- Lake Bluff
- Long Island
- New Jersey
- Patterson 18s
- Hackensack Golf Club Junior Ranking Open
President's Cup - Rules for Region VMen's President's Cup Standings (1-2-18)
Men’s President’s Cup Scoring/Seeding Rules
Updated January 2, 2018
In an effort to communicate President’s Cup Qualification standings we are publishing current Presidents Cup selection criteria and rank order using that criteria. The President’s Cup team will consist of up to 13 members this year.
Minimum Selection Criteria:
- Have played at least 1 PCQ tournament in region during the season
Invitations will be offered to the President’s Cup in the following manner:
- First 8 spots: Teams that meet minimum selection criteria and have highest average of 2 best tournaments, one tournament must be an in region PCQ.
- Next 2 individual invitations: Individuals that meet minimum selection criteria, have not already been invited as a result of their team points and have highest average of 3 best tournaments, 2 of which must be in region PCQ.
- Last 3 spots: Captain’s picks
Deadline for qualification is the Monday after Short Hills (Feb 3rd), unless Region 5 is hosting the Nationals and then the deadline is the Monday after the Indianapolis Open. Any invitations that are declined will revert to a captain’s pick. Captain’s picks will be based on creating a lineup that gives our region the best chance to win Presidents Cup. When the President’s Cup team members are set the lineup will be determined by the captain and submitted to the National committee for review.
Peter Rose (captain),
Graham McNerney (Assistant to the Captain) and
Paulo Gonzalez (Assistant to the Captain)
Women’s President’s Cup Scoring/Seeding Rules
- To encourage participation in tournaments, team members will be selected, first, on the basis of performance in Region 5 PCQ tournaments and, secondly, on the basis of performance in PCQ tournaments outside of Region 5.
- Each team must consist of two (2) Region 5 players.
- To qualify for consideration, a player must compete in a minimum of 3 PCQ tournaments (either in or out of region); one of these events must be a Region 5 Presidents Cup Qualifier event.
- The top four (4) Region 5 teams with the most points in their best 3 PCQs (including out-of-Region tournaments) will be automatically on the Region 5 President's Cup Team. The “points” will be calculated the same way they are for National Ranking where tournaments are weighted based on the level of competition. The fifth team will be a Captain's Choice selection regardless of how many teams have met the requirements for qualification. Also, if any of the top four (4) Region 5 teams loses a player due to injury or some other serious issue, then the Captain is free to choose another player for that particular team instead of simply dropping the healthy player off the list.
- In the event that these criteria do not clearly indicate the appropriate players to be selected, or there is a tie, the decision shall be made by the team captain based on overall participation.
- The Captain will be responsible for team order and points accumulated will not necessarily determine order. For example; A Captain's selection may play anywhere from 1-5.
- Three players will also be selected by the Captain as Alternates. These alternates will be called upon to fill in for any player or team chosen for the Presidents Cup Team.
- All other rules regarding President's Cup play are determined by the APTA.
Region 5 President's Cup Team Captain