- Juniors & College Home
- APTA Jr Nationals
- Beacon Hill
- Fox Meadow
- Indian Trail
- Jersey Shore
- Lake Bluff
- Long Island
- New Jersey
- Patterson 18s
- Hackensack Golf Club Junior Ranking Open
Brookline Paddle Club – The First Year
June 1, 2012
In the spring of 2011, we received a grant from the APTA to support the formation of a new public access club and to refurbish the two under-used courts at Pine Manor College in Brookline, Massachusetts. The great mission of Pine Manor College and their cooperative spirit enabled the new club to happen.
- Summer 2011: The Brookline Platform Tennis Club, LLC is formed. A formal agreement is reached between the BPC and PMC for exclusive use of the courts.
- August 2011: Membership is opened; about 30 families join.
- Fall 2011: Website launched, containing club information, court reservation system, and membership information.
- December 2011: Courts refurbished including eight new heaters installed, courts resurfaced, substructure repairs (welding, etc.), walls secured (supports added to ends for stability), screens tightened and repaired selectively, and skirting and snow boards repaired selectively.
- January 2012: Official opening event on January 3.
- January/February 2012: Strong membership interest continues with 70 families (nearly 100 players), waitlist started. The courts saw consistently strong usage by men and women of all levels and ages from January through March.
- January 2012: The BPC is proud to have had its courts used during the Boston Men’s National Open. The event made use of courts at six local Boston area clubs – the BPC being the only public access club used.
For photos and more information, look us up at www.brooklinepaddle.com