- Juniors & College Home
- APTA Jr Nationals
- Beacon Hill
- Fox Meadow
- Indian Trail
- Jersey Shore
- Lake Bluff
- Long Island
- New Jersey
- Patterson 18s
- Hackensack Golf Club Junior Ranking Open
Mo and Flor Show Steals Spotlight at CT State Mixed
This year’s CT State Mixed took place in sunny weather, unlike previous years, and saw many competitive matches.
In the quarter-finals, 1st seeds D.J. Geatz and Patty Raskopf dispatched Aspetuck’s Ann and Lyle Garvey. Wendy Harris and M.C. Visser had to fight off Sheila and Dave Muller in a close first set before eventually winning their match, 7-6 6-4.
On the bottom half of the draw, Melissa Straub and Patrick Eagan won a close three-set match against former Yale tennis player Marc Powers and Denise Giordano. The last quarter saw local favorites Maurice “Mo” Sanchez and Flor Hanisch beat Fiona and Eric Andrens.
In the semis, Straub and Eagan ran out of gas against Sanchez and Hanisch, who made almost no unforced errors. Visser and Harris played a terrific match against Raskopf and Geatz, with points lasting 30 shots or more and great shot-making all around. The match would go three sets with Visser and Harris eventually winning 6-2 in the third.
Hanisch and Sanchez proved to be too much for Harris and Visser in the finals, going on to win 6-2, 6-2 to secure their first CT State Mixed title.
Special thanks go out to everyone who helped make this event the great success that it was:
- The AMAZING Aspetuck Chef for delivering a great lunch
- The Patterson Club and Director of Racquets Scott Slobin for loaning their courts
- Paddletimes and Patricio Misitrano for the tournament support
- Fire Engine Pizza Truck for their amazing pizzas
- Justin Campbell for helping to run a great event
- Most importantly, to all who participated