- Juniors & College Home
- APTA Jr Nationals
- Beacon Hill
- Fox Meadow
- Indian Trail
- Jersey Shore
- Lake Bluff
- Long Island
- New Jersey
- Patterson 18s
- Hackensack Golf Club Junior Ranking Open
President's Cup - Rules for Region IV
Men's President’s Cup Qualifying Requirements
Criteria used for evaluation:
Number of of tournaments played (minimum of 3, two must be in Region IV)
Highest "3-Tournament" average per individual player
- The top 10 individual qualifiers will receive “Automatic” invitations to be on the team. Guys will be ranked by the top 3 point results from all tournaments and must play in at least 2 Region 4 tournaments (Rochester, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis). . If any of the 10 qualifying individuals turn down their invitation, those spots will be filled with the next highest ranked individuals until 10 spots are filled.
- The remaining 3 spots will be Captain’s Picks. These picks must include people who reside in Region 4, but they do not have to meet the Automatic Qualifier requirements. Factors that will be used to make the Captain’s Picks include average points, total number of tournaments played, and number of tournaments played in Region 4.
- The lineup will be at the discretion of the Captain.
- The team will be selected immediately after Indianapolis
Women’s President’s Cup Qualifying Requirements(updated 11/21/17)
- The three best PCQ tournament results of the season, in addition to the previous season national results will be used to determine President Cup points. **Nationals results will be used for President Cup standings beginning in the 18-19 season using 2018 Nationals results**
- The top 12 individual qualifiers will receive “Automatic” invitations to be on the team. Ladies will be ranked by the top 3-point results from tournaments and must play in at least 2 Region IV tournaments (Rochester, Cleveland, West Penn, Cincinnati, Columbus). One of the three PCQ tournaments may be out of region, but it is not required to have an out of region tournament. This means that 2 of the 3 top highest point totals for a player must be from in-region tournaments.
- If any of the 12 qualifying individuals turn down their invitation, those spots will be filled with the next highest ranked individuals until 12 spots are filled.
- 1 of the remaining spots will be a Captain’s Pick. This pick must include a player who resides in Region IV, but they do not have to meet the Automatic Qualifier requirements. Factors that will be used to make the Captain’s Picks include average points, total number of tournaments played, and number of tournaments played in Region IV.
- Players may accrue points as individuals and do not have to play with the same partner to accrue points.
- Players may play with an out of region player and receive President’s Cup points.
- The President Cup points will be calculated by the results multiplied by the strength of the draw (see Women’s NRT Ranking and Seeding Procedures).
- Order of play will be determined by the Captain of the President’s Cup Team, and not necessarily by order of finish, based on accumulated points.
- In the event of a tie at seasons’ end for the President’s Cup Team, the tie will be broken by: 1.) Between two regular teams, head to head results will be used 2.) If there are no head to head results, or if the tie is between unpaired individuals, we will use the top 4 finishes, 5 finishes, etc. until the tie is broken.
- Tournament seeding and placements will be done based on PC points and the judgment of the tournament committee (for non-NRT tournaments only, i.e. Columbus Open).
Any questions can be directed to the Region IV Women's Captain:
Amy Heil at firstname.lastname@example.org