- Juniors & College Home
- APTA Jr Nationals
- Beacon Hill
- Fox Meadow
- Indian Trail
- Jersey Shore
- Lake Bluff
- Long Island
- New Jersey
- Patterson 18s
- Hackensack Golf Club Junior Ranking Open
President's Cup - Rules for Region VIIMen's President's Cup Standings (12/12/16)
Region 7 President's Cup RulesAutomatic Qualifiers
There will be 10 players that will receive “Automatic” invitations to the team:
- In order to be eligible, a player must play in at least 2 Region 7 PCQ tournaments, but these tournaments do not have to count in any of their best 3.
- 8 invites will go to the 8 highest average point totals from the best 3 tournaments (in-region PCQs and out-of-region NRTs).
- 2 invites will go to the 2 highest combined point totals from all Region 7 PCQ tournaments (to players who did not qualify as one of the 8 players above).
- Base points used will be the current APTA tournament base points at the time of the tournament. Refer to the APTA Men's Rankings Procedures.
- For NRT tournaments, actual NRT weightings will be used.
- For Region 7 PCQ tournaments that are not NRTs, the weighting will be based on the number of top 12 Region 7 players at the time of the tournament.
- 0 – 4 Top 12 Players = 0.75 x Base Points
- 5 – 8 Top 12 Players = 1.0 x Base Points
- 9+ Top 12 Players = 1.25 x Base Points
- There will be no adjustment to points for out of region teams or out of region partners.
- Players should inform Captain of out-of-region tournaments prior to the event so those points can be included in the standings spreadsheet.
- If any of the Automatic Qualifiers turn down their invitation, their spots will become Captain’s picks.
- Any remaining spots to complete the team will be Captain’s Picks.
- The number of Captain’s Picks will depend on the format for President’s Cup and how many matches each of the Automatic Qualifiers wish to play.
- Captain's Picks must include people who reside in Region 7, but do not have to meet the Automatic Qualifier eligibility requirements.
- The President’s Cup Captain cannot be a Captain’s Pick.
- The lineup will be at the discretion of the Captain.
- To allow for travel and accommodation planning, the team will be set three weeks before the day that President’s Cup is scheduled to be played. Any NRT/PCQ tournaments that occur after this date will be used for qualification consideration the following year.
- Only 1 tournament result can count for any given city for President’s Cup qualification purposes.
- If one city hosts more than one PCQ in a season, the best result will be used.
- If the prior season result was too late to count for the prior season qualification, but the same tournament is held earlier and can count, the better of the two results will be used (e.g., Atlanta 2016 and 2017).
- Any Region VII player can earn points in NRT and PCQ tournaments regardless of partner.
- Each player must play in at least one (1) Region VII PCQ event to be eligible. However, finishes from PCQ and/or NRT tournaments in other regions will also count toward player point totals.
- Region VII player point totals will consist of a player’s best two (2) finishes plus bonus points.
- The top eight (8) players with the most points will be placed on the team automatically.
- The final two (2) regular roster players will be a Captain’s Choice selection, regardless of how many players have met the eligibility requirements. Participation and results will be considered.
- The President’s Cup Captain may pick one to three (1-3) substitute players, regardless of qualification and eligibility, to be used in accordance with current President’s Cup guidelines.
- The roster, player parings, and team order will be determined by the President’s Cup Captain, and then submitted to the National President’s Cup Committee and APTA for approval.
- All NRT/PCQ tournaments will be seeded by APTA. For Region VII PCQ tournaments, the top two (2) Region VII teams with the highest point totals will be seeded.
- All players participating in the President’s Cup competition must also participate in the APTA Nationals tournament. However, players are not required to play in the APTA Nationals with their President's Cup partners and may also choose an out of region partner for the APTA Nationals.
- Region VII player point totals will be updated after the Charlottesville Women’s PCQ tournament, which is the deadline for qualification.
- Due to the Peachtree Invitational coming after the President's Cup deadline, last year's tournament results will count towards this year's Presidents Cup standings.
- Players who participate in additional APTA events must notify the President’s Cup Captain so that points may be awarded promptly. Region VII Women's President’s Cup Point Distribution Updated 1/11/16
Region VII Women's President’s Cup Point Distribution
|12||Quarter Reprieve Winner||7|
|11||Quarter Reprieve Finalist||6|
|7||16 Reprieve Winner||3|
|6||16 Reprieve Finalist||2|
|2||Round of 16||1|
*Each player will receive one (1) bonus point per APTA event played.
*Points earned with an out of region partner will be discounted by 25%.