- Juniors & College Home
- APTA Jr Nationals
- Beacon Hill
- Fox Meadow
- Indian Trail
- Jersey Shore
- Lake Bluff
- Long Island
- New Jersey
- Patterson 18s
- Hackensack Golf Club Junior Ranking Open
Hall of Fame Nomination Process Explained
May 11, 2017
The APTA Hall of Fame Nominating Committee considers outstanding candidates each year. Here is some important information about the nominating process.
What is the Criteria for Entry into the Platform Tennis Hall of Fame?
There are two core categories for nominees(some candidates may fall into both):
(1) The individual should have achieved truly exceptional results in platform tennis play over the course of their career.
(2) The individual should have made truly exceptional contributions
to the growth, development and leadership of the game.
All candidates should have also demonstrated a high level of character, integrity, sportsmanship and consideration for others and thus earned the respect and admiration from their peers.
How do I nominate someone? What is the process?
There are three steps in the nomination process:
(1) Submit a cover letter summarizing the compelling reasons for this individual becoming a member of the APTA Hall of Fame.
(3) Send the cover letter and Nomination Form by September 1 to either:
- Ann Sheedy, Executive Director APTA
109 Wesport Drive
Pittsburgh, PA; 15238
6 Stanley Keyes
Rye, NY 10580
Members of the Hall of Fame Nominating Committee:
Steve Baird (Chair), email@example.com
Scott Bondurant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sally Cottingham, email@example.com
Flip Goodspeed, firstname.lastname@example.org
Patty Hogan, email@example.com
Tim McAvoy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gerri Viant, Gerriviant@gmail.com