- Juniors & College Home
- APTA Jr Nationals
- Beacon Hill
- Fox Meadow
- Indian Trail
- Jersey Shore
- Lake Bluff
- Long Island
- New Jersey
- Patterson 18s
- Hackensack Golf Club Junior Ranking Open
Help Wanted: Writer/Editor with Platform Tennis Passion
AUGUST 31, 2011
Thank you to all the passionate and qualified candidates who have sent in resumes.
The application period has closed.
Although we are hiring a writer/editor, we continue to seek and encourage submissions from the platform tennis community. If you like to write about platform tennis, please consider sending news, articles and photos for our web site and platform tennis magazine.
Are you a writer who loves platform tennis?
The APTA is hiring a part-time Associate Writer/Editor. It's a wonderful opportunity to employ your writing and editing skills while becoming more involved with the platform tennis community. If you are interested, please contact us.
APTA ASSOCIATE WRITER/EDITOR (part time position)
Duties of ASSOCIATE WRITER/EDITOR
- Responsible for all writing needs of the website, including: tournament summaries; news items and articles; editing of submissions to the website; and Hot Off the Wires emails.
- Coordinate/edit material submitted to Platform Tennis Magazine. In conjunction with the PTM Committee Chair and the Executive Director review suitability of articles. Some original writing may be required. The AWE would work with PPTA to ensure 15 new instructional articles a year are submitted on time or before.
Skill Set of ASSOCIATE WRITER/EDITOR
- Writing, editing, proofreading
- Knowledge of rules of grammar and punctuation
- Ability to respond quickly and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of platform tennis community
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sense of humor
During the season (October through March), the position might require up to 15 hours a week. The website needs to be updated on a daily basis. January through March requires the greatest time commitment. The magazine is published five times a year in September, November, January, February and April. Off season hours would probably be less than 5 hours a month.