- Juniors & College Home
- APTA Jr Nationals
- Beacon Hill
- Fox Meadow
- Indian Trail
- Jersey Shore
- Lake Bluff
- Long Island
- New Jersey
- Patterson 18s
- Hackensack Golf Club Junior Ranking Open
Midtown Athletic Club Seeks Platform Tennis Director
May 30 , 2017
Midtown Athletic Club is looking for a Platform Tennis Director to join our world class organization. Midtown is a diverse team of people committed to enriching the lives or our members through movement, community and personal attention. This is our purpose, and it drives everything that we do at every level of our organization. Whether an entry-level employee or a seasoned manager, all associates act as culture leaders encouraging each other to pursue personal and professional growth, social engagement, and service to others. At Midtown, we genuinely aspire to make a difference!!
Midtown Athletic Club - Chicago was originally constructed in 1970 as a 150,000 square foot indoor tennis facility. Currently undergoing an impressive transformation, it will soon be the largest premium athletic club in the country. Showcasing everything in one location, the new 650,000 square foot sports resort will include a 55-room hotel, full service restaurant, indoor and outdoor pools, golf simulators, ice rink, basketball court, state-of-the-art fitness and the best racquet sports programs in North America.
The Platform Tennis Director will be responsible for the continued building and promoting of the platform tennis programs while inspiring and engaging players of all ages, genders and abilities. Responsibilities would include organizing and providing individual and group lessons, clinics, and camps in addition to team practices and social events. The director should be a knowledgeable and adaptable teacher who can communicate well to both adults and children, act with high level of responsiveness and possess great passion and spirit for the club and the sport. Supplemental income opportunities working within the tennis programs will also be a part of the position and the Platform Tennis Director will report directly to the Tennis Director.
- Must be a certified Paddle Instructor with exceptional racquets skills and develop platform tennis programs to engage members of all playing levels and genders
- Provide individual and group lessons (Available weekdays & weekends)
- Continue building a robust team program and development of junior programming.
- Must be willing to assist the Director of Tennis in providing individual and group lessons, clinics, and camps, in addition to supporting and helping run club tennis tournaments and other events. Encourage and promote participation in league play as well as local tournaments
- Implement and keep up-to-date with new teaching techniques and receive certification from both the APTA, and USPTA/PTR and PPTA as necessary
- Help organize, promote, and administer club tournaments and social platform tennis mixers.
- Promote and market racquets programs to the membership to increase overall interest and frequency of participation.
- Possess excellent organizational and managerial skills and maintain an accurate record of all lessons and clinics given as well as billing.
- Ensure that all club members and guests receive courteous, prompt and professional attention to all of their racquets sports needs.
- Should possess exceptional communication skills and must be willing and able to effectively communicate and interact with club members, both on and off the courts, and with fellow associates
- Adhere to all Midtown policies & procedures and maintain the highest degree of integrity, honesty, and character
Midtown offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Mike Insko, Tennis Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773.687.7606.